Tuesday, August 19, 2008

RL Boyce

This is RL Boyce.  He plays the Hill Country Style of Blues.  He was quite the entertainer.  He drank a fair amount on the ride over so by the time he started playing, he was already slurring words.  He made for quite the entertainer the whole night.  


RL told me he was going to kill me if I took another pic of him, then he would wink at me. 


Red thinks that he is calming down so no wis a good time to give RL some moonshine



At some point some 20 year old young white girl came in.  RL called her up "Say you look pretty why don't you come up here a second." So she walked up and took his hand.  RL said, "Why don't you turn around and let me see you."  She turned around and RL shook his head and  said, "Well you ain't that cute no mo'."  I don't understand this as she was wearing a loose flowing dress and not something tight where you could see her curves or lack of curves.  I'm not sure what he was looking for anyways.  Her boyfriend didn't really know how to react to that comment and nor did she.  I think it went way over her blonde head.  


2 comments:

amberleahorsefly said...

Sorry I missed it, anytime moonshine gets thrown in the mix its a party!

Anonymous said...

I am from Atlanta and I was there that evening with a couple of my friends.

R L was flying that night--what a party. I was glad to be there.